Familiarize yourself with common household items that are toxic to pets. Be aware of potential dangers.
Store all medications securely and out of your pet's reach. Accidental ingestion can be harmful or fatal.
Use chemicals like cleaning products and pesticides with caution. Keep pets away from freshly treated areas.
Keep emergency contact numbers for your veterinarian and a pet poison control center handy in case of emergencies.
Remove toxic plants from your home or garden, and keep them out of your pet's reach to prevent ingestion.
Avoid feeding your pet human food that can be toxic to them, such as chocolate, grapes, and onions.
Use pet-safe cleaning products to clean your home. Some cleaners can be toxic if ingested or inhaled.