Be aware of foods toxic to pets, such as chocolate, grapes, and onions. Keep them out of reach.
Store cleaning products securely. Many household cleaners can be harmful if ingested by pets.
Keep medications in a pet-proof cabinet. Even common over-the-counter drugs can be dangerous.
Pets may chew on cords, leading to electrical shock. Use cord protectors or keep cords out of sight.
Some plants and flowers are toxic to pets. Research and remove harmful greenery from your home.
Pets can swallow small objects. Keep items like coins, buttons, and small toys out of their reach.
Be cautious with open windows. Ensure screens are secure to prevent accidental falls.