A Holiday Hazard for pet


Tinsel is a popular holiday decoration, but it can be dangerous for dogs. If your dog ingests tinsel, it can cause a number of health problems, including:


 Linear foreign body obstruction occurs when tinsel gets caught in your dog's throat or esophagus, preventing it from passing through the intestines. This can be a life-threatening condition.

Internal Injuries

If tinsel passes through your dog's digestive tract, it can cause internal injuries to the stomach and intestines.

What to Do?

If you think your dog may have ingested tinsel, be aware of the following signs:Vomiting,Diarrhea,Lethargy,Loss of appetite,Difficulty swallowing,Abdominal pain.


 The best way to prevent tinsel ingestion is to keep it out of reach of your dog. You can do this by:Placing tinsel on high shelves or trees,Putting tinsel away in storage containers.


Tinsel is a popular holiday decoration, but it can be dangerous to pets if ingested. Tinsel can cause a linear foreign body obstruction, which can be life-threatening


 Tinsel is a dangerous holiday decoration for dogs. By keeping tinsel out of reach of your dog and being aware of the signs of tinsel ingestion, you can help keep your furry friend safe during the holiday season.

Frostbite in Dogs: What to Do